Hello, I’m Mary Straus, LPC, and welcome to my website.
When selecting a counselor, it can be helpful to know a person’s training and experience. However, it is equally if not more important to consider your own impressions of a therapist including your sense of comfort and trust when you meet with her or him.
I approach my practice from a discerning clinical understanding of the psyche. From that knowledge base, I use thoughtfulness and kindness, and I appreciate the humor in things while utilizing psychodynamic, family systems, and mindfulness-oriented techniques.
Highlights of My Experience:
- 18 years psychotherapy with adults, couples, and families
- 10 years development of programs serving multi-system involved families
- 17 years clinical supervision
- Certification in Brief Strategic Family Therapy
- EMDR training
- 10 years occupational therapy practice with children and in behavioral health
- Individual adolescents to adults of all ages
- Families with children of all ages
- Substance abuse
- Lower spectrum autism
- Disorders involving psychosis
Feel free to contact me. It can be difficult to reach out for help. I encourage you to call. If I am not the right person to help, I assure you I will do what I can to get you to the right person.
Mary Straus, LPC
Southwest Corner of River and Campbell
1820 E River Road, Suite 104
Tucson, AZ 85718